About the Course
The course is aimed at equipping equip the students with the technical skills needed for different roles in graphic and publication design. In particular, the course intends to develop the students’ skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
This course is intended for high school graduates, job seekers and interested individuals.
Benefits of Attending
Upon completion of this course, participants will gain the knowledge, the principles, and skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
The course consists of:
- Communication to Present Design-I
- Design Methods using words and Images-I
- Design Principles in Graphic Design-I
- Ideas and Concepts in Visual Design-I
- Communication to Present Design-II
- Design Methods using words and Images-II
- Design Principles in Graphic Design-II
- Ideas and Concepts in Visual Design-II
Learning and Teaching Strategies
The course is delivered using a PBL philosophy through a mixture of classroom teaching, tutorials, laboratory work, workshops, supervised practical activity and Portfolio. Assessment of courses is both formative and summative, and typically includes a mix of, assignments and oral presentations. The teaching and learning methods appropriate to this course include a wide range of different strategies to meet the needs of students and depend on the class numbers and tasks involved. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Instructive lectures
- Facilitated Discussions
- Group discussions
- Demonstrations in the classroom, laboratory or workshop
- Tutor-directed assignments
- Tasks performed in the classroom, laboratory, or workshop
- Tutorials and discussion
The teaching methods include the provision of learning experiences and opportunities that enhance the transfer of information to aid understanding and then enable the practice to take place through related tasks and the provision of opportunities to apply skills and knowledge.
- Certificate of completion – Bahrain Polytechnic
- Achieve minimum of 80% attendance and 60% in all assessments
The course is 6 months/ 15 weeks per semester (full-time)
- Secondary school graduate certificate
- Beginner/elementary user of English
- ICT skills