Warehouse Operation and Optimizations Programme
About the Programme
The student will gain knowledge in the key concepts of the warehouse industry: Warehouse location; Receiving and storage operations; Order picking and despatching goods; Provision and care of warehouse resources; Types of storage equipment; Safe warehouse operations; Finance, cost and reverse logistics. From this we would be analyzing the company’s warehouse operations and making improvements for best practice.
This training program is intended for company employees who work as warehouse and materials officers.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
Upon completion of this training, participants will:
- Gain knowledge in the key concepts of the warehouse industry
- Be able to analyze the company’s current warehouse operations and make recommendations for improvements or best practice.
- Warehouse location
- Receiving and storage operations
- Order picking and despatching goods
- Provision and care of warehouse resources
- Types of storage equipment
- Safe warehouse operations
Finance, cost, and reverse logistics
Assessment is based on attendance, participation, class exercises and end-of-course examination.
LEARNING AND TEACHING STRATEGIES
The overriding teaching philosophy is based on a student-centred approach and developing learner autonomy. Integral to this is the Problem-Based Learning (PBL) approach to find solutions to improve and optimize the warehouse. To support this there will also be lectures, videos, pair-work and group and other student-centred activities.
CILT Certificate Unit Award (O1-L3 Warehousing) will be awarded to students on successful completion of course and exam.
Training will run for 20 contact hours.
- March 19-22, 2023 (Sunday-Wednesday)
- Timing: 9-3pm
- Venue: Bahrain Polytechnic Campus – Isa Town
- One hour break per day
- A good level of English literacy to cope with the end-of-course examination