About the Course
The purpose of this course is to develop a range of skills and techniques necessary to become an effective machine operator, according to industry requirements. It will enable you to pursue a Machinist career path with greater employment skills.
This course is intended for secondary school graduate and interested individuals.
Benefits of Attending
Upon completion of this course, participants will gain the knowledge, the principles, and skills of Workshop Machining.
The followings are the topics covered in this course:
- Health and Safety at workshops
- Numeracy and Communication skills
- Marking-out tools and Measuring equipment
- Hand and portable tools
- Hand tools operations
- Principles of material removal processes.
- Cutting tools
- Selection of machine parameters (i.e., speed and feed)
- Drilling, lath, milling and grinding operations
- Facing, turning, and boring operations
- Producing threads
Learning and Teaching Strategies
The course is delivered through a blend of classroom teaching, tutorials, laboratory work, workshops, supervised projects, and workplace experience. Concept or knowledge learning is enhanced with vocational and contextualized learning environments, hands-on, and practical training through:
Certificate of completion – Bahrain Polytechnic
The course is of 200 hours that extends over 3 months/ 12 weeks (full time) and 6 months/24 weeks (part time).
- Secondary school graduate.
- Good command in English language is required.